Thursday, June 11, 2009

good news, bad news.

You can't ever seem to have one without the other.

On the good news list we have the fact that I'm now copy-editor of the Features section of the University's newspaper, and I get to get paid for my Nazi-grammarian-ism starting in August. It won't be much but I'll still get paid for writing stories too. Also, I'm probably going to IKEA sometime next week, and that place just makes me 12 kinds of happy. It's like Swedish furniture heaven.

On the bad news list we have the fact that Bath & Body Works is barely scheduling me. I have one shift next week. ONE. I may be taking a random trip to waste some of the downtime. But I'm not sure. I may need to find an additional job for the rest of the summer so I can actually make some money to have after I buy all my furniture.

We'll just have to see what happens. I may go hunt down a resale shop today and try to unload all those old clothes I don't want anymore. I'll take some money from anywhere I can get it, even if it's not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment