Monday, October 19, 2009

moving onward.

So I had kind of a surreal weekend after a particularly horrible week.

It was pointed out to me that lately I've been letting everything get me down, and really just getting myself into a horrible funk. And I knew it, I just didn't know what to do about it. The reality slap helped, first off and then this weekend finished the job.

I got off campus, went home, had some adventures, made some spontaneous choices, and all of it ended with me realizing:

What's the point in living life if we're too caught up in the bad things, or how things could be better, and we don't see the good things that are happening? We should enjoy the fun things, the silly things, the epically random things, while we can.

I can't control everything. As much as I'd like to. And, even if I could, who says that what I choose for the situation would be right? I'm not deluded anymore. There are no perfect fairytale endings.

But you can have some fun beginnings and middles, so enjoy them while they last, and look forward to every new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment